Tuesday, November 8, 2016

10/10/2016 Countem

Hello America,

Stellar things have been happening in the Mo Town this week. We baptized Brittany Graessle and her two kids, Eli and Savanna. The elders had been working a lot with her right before I got here, she's really come a long way! It was a beautiful experience and the whole ward got behind her. Elder Radford got to baptize her, his very first baptism in his mission. Certainly won't be the last.

Our zone was fired up in zone training meeting this week, almost all the missionaries in the zone (including me) just got transferred in, and we're determined to break the Monett zone stereotype and blow this place out of the water. We put our heads together and emerged with a lofty goal of getting 25 baptisms across the zone this transfer. We've got two down... 23 left to go. Elder Radford and I are determined to get 5 more. Prayers welcomed!

My gramma Becky and grandpa Mel surprised me with a visit on Friday! They were hitting the sites and tours in Branson MO with her sister and her husband this last week. Gramma called the mission office on Monday and told them she wanted to feed me lunch. The office sisters called me to let me know, but my companion had lost the phone that day and we couldn't find it to save our lives so she left a message to call her back ASAP. We didn't find the phone until the next day, I listened to the messages and heard that gramma was trying to get a hold of me, and I thought I had missed the opportunity! I yelled at Radford, "YOU LOST THE PHONE THE DAY MY GRANDMA CAME TO MISSOURI?!" Luckily she had called ahead and wasn't coming until Friday hahaha. It was crazy weird to see them and to be called "Tay" again haha. A breath of fresh air though, I loved it!

This week we found two new investigators also, one had been taught years ago and we gave her daughter a blessing and set a return appointment which we're stoked about. The other we found tracting and followed up another day to teach the restoration, we set a baptismal date with her for Nov 5, goals here we come! Sister Loveland has told us the brethren want us to know that we can find, teach, and baptize in a month. I've never seen it done, but I believe them. We're gonna do it. "Mine elect hear my voice, and harden not their hearts." That's who we're looking for.

My companion is a ridiculous Idaho competitive golfer. We're going to play 18 holes with our ward mission leader in a half hour. No idea what I'm doing. Don't worry, I'm wearing a polo so I'll fake it till I make it.

Take Elder Oaks' advice from conference and counsel with your families about how you can share the gospel in your individual circumstances!! We're teaching families how to pray, counsel, receive revelation, and act in faith together. This is the hastening baby.


Love ya'll!


Elder Hakes


Lunch with Gramma Becky and the fam


Baptism of Brittany, Eli and Savanna Graessle :)



Sometimes the most fun thing you can find to do on p-day is a swing set.
-+++++-
Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment