Sunday, October 2, 2016

4/3/16 Golden Investigator

Hey what's up! Brief updates and mostly pictures today :)

Conference this weekend was awesome, right? I literally seems to go by in a blur, and I look down and I have like 7 pages of notes written and it's already over. How am I supposed to internalize that people? I had a lot of spiritual impressions and was hungry to learn and grow so it was great. I can't wait until the ensign comes out. Major themes this conference seemed to be the Holy Ghost, Temples and family relationships, and the sacrament. They appeared in almost every talk! The Spirit is key to everything in life, one of my favorite teachings from Joseph Smith that Elder Bednar relayed is that "being born-again comes by the Spirit of God through ordinances." He talked about how baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and taking the sacrament are "elements of an inter-related and additive pattern of redemptive progress". Think about it! I think one of the biggest reasons for change on my mission is because I have learned how to approach and draw near to the Lord through the sacrament, thus bringing a change of heart, the greatest miracle that Christ can wrought in our lives. We watched the sessions with several member families, investigators, and recent converts.


Other major update this week is a new golden investigator, her name is Heidy! (pronounced Hay-dee). She is from Honduras and moved from Los Angeles to Missouri a couple of years ago. We received a referral from church headquarters that we should go contact her immediately. Her good friend in LA knew Heidy was going through a divorce and would likely be receptive to the gospel. We knocked on her door and she invited us in, we taught her the restoration and the Spirit filled the room. She's humble, and so eager to follow God, but did not necessarily know the best way to go about it! She will without a doubt have her prayers answered in no time, those who approach God with real intent and faith in Christ have their hearts touched by the Spirit quickly. I am so excited. We taught her again this week and it went wonderfully, we took an RM named Stephanie who speaks Spanish and they clicked so well, and Heidy said the closing prayer for us in Spanish. We stepped outside and Stephanie with a huge smile translated some of her prayer for us: "thank you for sending these people to help me, thank you for the Book of Mormon which is your word." If I could teach people who are hungry for the rest of my life I would. It's finding them that's tricky. I'm grateful for a loving friend in LA who was waiting for the right moment to share the truths that she knows with someone she cares about. Let's all be that friend, because everyone we know will need Christ at some point.


We went fishing again today for p-day, I love fishiing :) It's such a good chance to enjoy this beautiful spring weather that is approaching us.


Pics:
check out these sunbeams baby
I make a good soldier ya?
Enlisted in God's Army haha a member gave me his old army coat
This is what chuch on base looks like!
Bringin in the baby bass
What are the odds of this turning into a princess? Not good? okay....
check out these sunbeams baby

I make a good soldier ya?

Enlisted in God's Army haha a member gave me his old army coat


This is what church on base looks like!
Bringin in the baby bass

What are the odds of this turning into a princess? Not good? okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment