Monday, January 11, 2016

12/22/15 Do You Feel What I Feel?

I wish I had a way of expressing my thoughts and emotions that didn't get lost in translation. Words never seem to come out right, and even when they do they don't seem to be strong enough. That's what I love about music, and art. They stir emotions that words sometimes can't reach. They open a channel to your heart that sometimes you don't even understand. You feel things as they are, not as they are described. I would love to type out pages on pages about how I feel. It wouldn't reach you. My words wouldn't plumb the depths of emotion. They can't. But good news: there is something that can :) Christ's words. His are Perfect. His are Truth. His are Life. His words will provide the medium of understanding that only comes from one source.. His Spirit. In order for you to know how much I love each of you, you have to feel the Spirit. If you want to know what is in my mind this Christmas season, you have to feel His Spirit. It is through the Heavenly Messenger of spiritual communication that we feel Christ's infinite love. If I could give you a single thing, I would send you His Spirit. So here is my Christmas gift to you :) A challenge, no, a plead! Please seek His Spirit. Crave it more than food. Hunger more than ever. Seek in ways you haven't before. You can feast upon the Spirit of the pure love of Christ this Christmas. There is nothing sweeter. Nothing more filling. Nothing more sure. I feel it as I study the scriptures. It enters me, opens me, lightens me. I feel it as I pray. He is there! I feel it as I serve. It flows through you to others. I feel it as I keep the commandments, and show my love for Him. I feel it as I surround myself with what matters in life: family. I don't have any relatives with me in Oklahoma this Christmas season, but I do have family. Brothers. And Sisters. My beloved brothers and sisters that are here on earth for the same reason I am; striving and hoping and fighting for the same. I feel it as I ponder, as I am quiet and still. I want you to feel it, so badly. Is this real? Is it a figment of my imagination? Am I pretending? Am I lying? No, it is real. I can't deny that. You can't either. In fact, there is nothing more real.. because He is real. I testify to you that Jesus Christ lives. Today. Right now. He is there. Right there. Please feel Him. As you feel Him, come to know Him. Learn of Him. Be changed by Him, and become like Him. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the Sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

I had a fun time at our mission Christmas conference yesterday! We all gathered in Bentonville and felt the Spirit, and grew in love and relationship and purpose. Here are some pictures :) Love you all, and can't wait to skype the family on Friday.

Elder Hakes




No comments:

Post a Comment