Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Manner of Happiness 11/16

What's up!

This week has been jam packed full of neat experiences and blessings!!!
 Tuesday was the Ballards wedding in Independence Kansas, we had such a fine time travelling with our bishop to get them wed the Kansas way! The judge who married them expedited the paperwork for the price of 2 twelve packs of diet coke! Literally! Only in Kansas.... It was a simple ceremony in the judges office, but they know the temple is there goal, and it almost stung to hear "till death do you part". We saw the historic site of "Little House on the Prairie" on the way back so that was random! 
Wednesday I went on exchanges with our zone leader Elder Skinner in Cleveland, we had a good time and saw some miracles. Set a baptismal date with two new investigators for December 5, hopefully the put forth the effort to make it there. 
Friday the Ballards were baptized and it was awesome. following the had the ward Thanksgiving social and you bet your sweet bottom I ate my weight in sweet potatoes and cheese cake. Regrets! 
Saturday was Johhny Atkison's baptism in Owasso!!! SO fun, so many people I got to see whom I love and miss and surprisingly remembered me haha. I got to hang out with my old companion  Elder Murdock who is serving in Jenks (Tulsa) now. We all went to lunch and played some ball afterward. 
Sunday was a trial and blessed miracle all rolled into one, I awoke with a wretched sore throat and spent the day in bed, but my companion was able to get a ride to church where we incredibly had 19 investigators there!! Our bishops efforts to minister to the people in this area are really paying off, so many people respond to his love and kindness and find the desire to improve their lives. He's an example to all of us. Sounds like we'll have even more people to teach soon!

I love being a servant of the Lord and draw my strength from those who have gone before me. The prophets and apostles of scripture are a foundation of my faith and power. A brilliant quote from Elder Holland that Sister Loveland shared with us today: 

“In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike-- and they will-- you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened, we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham’s seed.” Jeffrey R. Holland, “For Times of Trouble” Devotional Address, March 18, 1980.

Let Him change you, let Him raise you.

Elder T. Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment