Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It's not about cracking nuts, its about panning gold 7/20

Hey Guys,
Sorry this is gonna be a real quickie today! No major updates though, the work continues along and I am doing super well. I love being a missionary. "After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the gospel!" Joseph Smith. This weekend is Emilie Acord's baptism, it is going to be great! She's excited as are we. Transfer calls is also THIS SATURDAY. What the heck? I'll find out whether or not I've got another 6 weeks in Owasso, or if the Lord is calling my name in some other rural country town. Exciting! I'll sure miss it here if I leave though, this has become a second home :(
I'd like to just share a few thoughts and inspirations and testimonies from this week. The gospel of Jesus Christ is 100% perfect and true. With it, we can shape our thoughts, minds, habits, deeds and souls into who our Father in Heaven knows we can be. I've seen this marvelous transformation in my own life, and I've seen it in the lives of people both old and young, male and female, black and white, rich and poor. We're all the same in God's eyes, and the atonement in its infinite and eternal perfection is capable of scooping us all up to His higher plane. I've seen people change, and sometimes it is so subtle that they don't even recognize it. But I can see it. Sometimes I can see who they are in God's eyes. Sometimes I can feel their potential and capacity to become perfect. Those moments are worth everything. Until next week :)
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment